Arthritis is a condition affecting not only humans, but dogs as well. And, just like a human with arthritis, a dog that is inflicted with the condition experiences aches and pains and other difficulties in his life. If you own a pet that has arthritis, there are a few ways that you can make life a little bit easier for them.
· Schedule an appointment for the dog at the veterinarian st. paul mn for checkups on a regular basis. The vet can keep a close eye on the dog’s well-being when these visits are maintained.
· Use medications prescribed by the pet’s veterinarian to keep inflammation down and some of the pain away.
· Work on reducing your dog’s weight because this adds pressure on the joints. Simple diet changes and more exercise are highly beneficial.
· Don’t allow your dog to get cold or wet. Arthritis flare ups are oftentimes triggered by such conditions. Some pet owners use dog sweaters to improve their pet’s comfort.
· Did you know that a dog brace is available from the vet? Using a brace for a dog with arthritis is helpful!
· Exercise is fun for your dog and even more important now that you’ve received the arthritis diagnosis. Make sure you take Fido out for daily walks and other forms of fun activities to keep your dog moving.
· Massage therapy is a service that is available for dogs that have medical conditions such as arthritis. This service improves the dog’s overall well-being, increases their blood flow and circulation, and even the pet’s flexibility in the joints.
· Pain medications may help alleviate some of the pain of arthritis.
· Provide your pet with a low-stress environment and make sure to give your pet lots of attention and love. They want to know their owners love them!